Explore our promoted experiences
- Walking tour of the opulent Garden District in New Orleans
- View well-preserved examples of Greek Revival and Italianate architecture
- Visit the Lafayette Cemetery, one of New Orleans’ distinctive above-ground cemeteries
- Roundtrip transportation by coach from the French Quarter included
Departure & Return
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. Tour Departs From: The Rink Shopping Center (2727 Prytania Street)
What To Expect
As you stroll through manicured streets and admire colorful facades and cast‐iron fences, learn how the area was slowly appropriated by wealthy Americans in the 19th century who sought distinction from the French population in the French Quarter. Your guide complements the spectacular urban scenery with legends of the Garden District’s past and present residents like local author Anne Rice, actor John Goodman, and famous football player Archie Manning.
The final leg of your walking tour is Lafayette Cemetery, one of New Orleans oldest surviving—and still operating—‘cities of the dead’. Spanning just one square block, this mysterious site houses more than 7,000 people in tombs and mausoleums. Hear about the distinctive above‐ground burial system and some of the cemetery’s famous interred—both factual and fictitious.
Return by coach to your starting point in the French Quarter.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- "Note: no refreshments were provided as is stated in the tour description, you may want to bring a bottle of water with you." See review
- "Part of the tour is a visit to the Women's Opera Guild Home which is open for the people on this tour." See review
- "The Garden District Tour is an excellent introduction to New Orleans and a must do!" See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews