- Cocktail tour in the French Quarter with expert local guide, from New Orleans
- Includes four cocktails on visits to four bars
- Savor a Sazerac in a former icehouse that once supplied ice to many New Orleans bars
- Visit the elegant bar at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel, which was a convent in the 19th century
- Soak up the atmosphere at two of New Orleans’ establishments
- Learn why absinthe drinking was banned for decades in the US and Europe
- Hear fascinating and informative commentary on cocktail history in The Big Easy from your native guide
Departure & Return
We meet inside Patrick's Bar Vin, located at 730 Bienville St, New Orleans
We typically end the tour at the Bourbon "O" Jazz Bar, located at 730 Bourbon St.
What To Expect
Your second visit will be to SoBou, a local favorite that’s part of the acclaimed Commander’s Palace family. There, try one of two versions of the classic Sazerac, a recipe attributed to a Creole apothecary in the 19th Century – when cocktails constituted medicine! Next, travel along Royal Street to the hippest new addition to the NOLA drinking scene: Peychaud's Bar in the Maison de Ville Hotel, where you will have a choice between two delicious, historical cocktails.
Your final stop is at Bourbon “O” Jazz Bar to sample the obscure yet beloved Roffignac cocktail, a nod to the city’s last French‐born mayor. If you’re in need of some tasty nibbles, stay on (where you tour ends) or head to the hip Faubourg‐Marigny quarter nearby.
Along the way, learn fascinating histories including the controversy around absinthe, and the cocktail‐related tales of (unexpected) venues such as the New Orleans Pharmacy Museum and Napoleon House.
Please note: Some bars have a dress code. Men are discouraged from wearing tank tops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All cocktails are vegan-friendly
- Walk is approximately 1-mile
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- All venues subject to change based on availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Doctor Gumbo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "Highly recommended and the perfect start to a great evening." See review
Reviews by Viator travelers. We perform checks on reviews