Explore our promoted experiences
- Historical New Orleans food walking tour
- Visit restaurants that predate the Civil War
- Discuss recipes with a guide and the chefs, when possible
- Sample delectable Creole cuisine including pralines and po'boys
- Learn about the diverse culinary origins of Louisiana’s rich cuisine
Departure & Return
Please enter SoBou Restaurant (310 Chartres St) using the front door and check-in at the host/hostess stand.
What To Expect
Your first stop is SoBou, part of the acclaimed Commander’s Palace enterprise. Relish as you are treated to chicken and andouille sausage gumbo. If you’d like, grab yourself a drink at the bar before continuing on (own expense). Then, make a quick pit stop at a popular hot sauce bar to sample dozens of hot sauce varieties.
Continue to Leah’s Pralines, where you can sample a Creole classic or a new innovation such as bacon pecan brittle.
As you walk through the French Quarter, colorful signs for traditional po'boys or meat‐filled muffulettas may beckon you. Don’t resist! Your guide leads you to NOLA Poboys. Hear about seafood harvesting in Louisiana before biting into a fresh‐made oyster or shrimp po'boy.
Your final stop is the Creole Cookery for red beans and rice, followed by our dessert course of bananas foster bread pudding. As you indulge in these tasty bites, learn about the many ethnic culinary traditions that have influenced Creole cuisine. Your guide also explains Louisiana’s unique geography and the linguistic origins of classic plates like étouffée and jambalaya.
By the end of the tour, you have a full belly and a better understanding of the fundamental dishes that make up New Orleans cuisine. Please note that the stops are based on availability, and may be subject to change.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We do NOT offer a gluten-free, vegan/vegetarian, and especially PORK-FREE option.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- There is no charge for infants in strollers
- All venues subject to change based on availability
- Must provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine, or a negative PCR or antigen (rapid) test within 72 hours to enter venues.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- OPERATED BY Doctor Gumbo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff