Explore our promoted experiences
- Visit four of Washington, DC's top brewpubs
- Go behind the scenes of the beer-making process with an expert guide
- Pair pub classics like hickory-smoked ribs and buffalo wings with 15 to 20 beer samples
- Select a daytime lunch option or evening dinner option
- Includes round-trip transport from downtown DC
Departure & Return
Pick up is curbside outside the National Portrait Gallery
What To Expect
Meet the expert beer guide and the rest of the tour group at the Smithsonian's Donald W. Reynolds Center for American Art and Portraiture. Learn from the guide about the beer-making process and what to expect during this inside look at four different DC- and Virginia-based breweries. This tour is perfect for beer beginners, aficionados, and home-based brewers alike. Also, find out what foods pair well with different styles of beer on either the daytime (lunch) or evening (dinner) tour.
On the daytime tour, enjoy tastings of at least 15 beers at four different breweries, with lunchtime food pairings at one of two local eateries. While the evening tour, showcases DC's bustling nightlife and brewpub scene, combining old-school brewhouses with some of the most popular microbreweries in the area. Enjoy tastings of 18 to 20 beers and a dinner food-pairing at a local brewery.
Some of the breweries featured on either the daytime or evening tour could include any four of the following: DC Brau Brewing, Hellbender Brewing, Right Proper Brewing, 3 Stars Brewing, The Public Option, District Chophouse and Brewery, and Supreme Core Cider
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- COVID Mask Policy- You will be required to wear a mask when not eating or drinking on the tour.
- Proof of Vaccination- DC will be instituting a mandate effective 1/15/22 requiring all adults to show proof of one COVID vaccination dose for all indoor dining establishments. Effective 2/15/22 this mandate will require proof of a 2nd dose of COVID Vaccination.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY DC Brew Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons